When can I Recover after an Auto Accident in Alpharetta?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), approximately 2.2 million people suffer injuries in accidents every year in the United States. Many of these accidents occur because a driver or other party acted in a negligent manner behind the wheel. When someone causes an accident due to negligence, they should be held accountable for their actions and for any accident victims’ resulting expenses and losses. An experienced Alpharetta auto accident attorney can help victims hold the negligent party liable and receive the full and fair settlement they deserve.
Many different negligent actions commonly can cause car accidents and result in serious injuries and damage. Some of these acts include the following:
• Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI)
• Aggressive driving behaviors, such as tailgating, dangerous lane changes, improper passing, or excessive speeding
• Distracted driving, such as driving while texting, talking on a cell phone, eating, grooming, reading, programming a GPS, and more
• Driving while overly fatigued
• Failing to obey traffic signals or right-of-way rules
• Violating other traffic laws or speed limits
• Improper maintenance of a vehicle, such as driving with burned out headlights or brake lights, worn out tires, or brake issues
• Not properly sharing the road with bicyclists
• Failing to yield to pedestrians in crosswalks
• Not adjusting driving to adverse weather conditions, such as slowing down in a snow storm
• Cities failing to properly maintain road conditions by fixing potholes or drainage problems
• Car manufacturers allowing defective parts to be installed in cars and sold
Any of the above actions has the potential to cause accident with serious or even fatal injuries. Accident victims who did nothing wrong may be left facing extensive recovery time, piles of medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, or even permanent disabilities.
As you can see, there are many different types of situations in which auto accident victim may recover from a negligent party. However, every case is different and demonstrating negligence can be complicated. Therefore, all accident victims should consult with an Alpharetta auto accident lawyer to ensure they receive the maximum possible compensation. Call the office of Boling Rice LLC today at (770) 355-0780 to schedule your free consultation.