Skateboarding In Alpharetta Could Lead To Injuries
In recent weeks, local government officials in Alpharetta have been trying to reduce the number of individuals riding skateboards1 in and around the downtown area. They claim that the skateboarders are dangerous and are costing the city money for many different reasons. Officials are planning to post signs around the area instructing “No Skateboarding” and are asking people to call the police or 911 if they see people skateboarding.
How skateboarding can cause injuries
Skateboarding can potentially cause injury to many different people, including pedestrians, skateboarders themselves, or even individuals who were never even around the skateboarders. Accidents and injuries can happen in the following ways and more:
- Skateboarders may collide with individuals walking on the sidewalks or streets.
- Skateboards may malfunction and cause a skater to fall down and suffer injuries.
- Skateboarders who are doing tricks may cause cracking or chipping in walls, steps, or sidewalks, which can cause injury if not repaired in a timely manner by the city.
Injuries can require extensive treatment
Many different injuries can occur in pedestrian accidents, skateboard accidents, or premises liability accidents. Some common injuries at issue in this type of case can include the following:
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI)2
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Serious lacerations or contusions
- Sprains and strains
- Fractured or broken bones
- Neck and back injuries
Injuries can happen whether or not skateboarders are present in Alpharetta. Anyone who has sustained an injury may be entitled to compensation if the injury occurred due to a negligent act or omission.
An experienced Alpharetta personal attorney can help you
Accidents can happen due to many types of dangerous hazards. Whether you trip because the city fails to repair a sidewalk or a skateboarder knocks you down, you deserve to receive full compensation if your injury occurred because of someone else’s negligence. There are various ways in which you can pursue damages from a personal injury accident.