Personal injury is the area of law that allows people injured by the negligence of others to recover for the losses associated with their injuries. The types of losses that are often compensated in a personal injury case include medical expenses, lost income, damage to property, and physical and emotional pain and suffering, among others. As a result, a successful Georgia personal injury claim can often result in substantial recovery for victims of serious accidents. The resources listed below are intended to help people who are not lawyers gain a better understanding of Georgia personal injury law and the way that that a personal injury lawsuit takes shape. The information found in the resource links below should not be used in lieu of legal advice from an experienced Alpharetta personal injury attorney. To schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced lawyers, call Boling Rice LLC today at (770) 355-0780.
Resources for Legal Research
- Free Searchable Georgia Code – A searchable version of the Official Code of Georgia provided by LexisNexis.
- The United States Constitution – The transcript of the United States Constitution, the highest source of legal authority in the country.
- The Federal Rules of Civil Procedure – The text of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, which governs all federal civil trials and other court proceedings.
- Georgia Supreme Court Opinions – Links to the published opinions issued by the Georgia Supreme Court.
- Wikipedia Personal Injury Article – A helpful introduction to personal injury law and procedure.
Personal Injury Statistics
- CDC: Traumatic Brain Injury Statistics – Links to data regarding traumatic brain injuries in the United States.
- Motor Vehicle Accident Data – State traffic safety information provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- Slip and Fall Accident Statistics – Data regarding slip and fall accidents published by the National Floor Safety Institute.
- Home, Workplace, and Road Safety Data – Information and resources on home, workplace, and roadway safety.
Links to Personal Injury Lawyers and Law Firms
- Stewart J. Guss, Houston Personal Injury Attorney – An attorney in Houston, Texas that represents personal injury victims in a variety of legal matters.
- Bruning Legal – A St. Louis, Missouri personal injury law firm that represents victims of a variety of preventable accidents, with a focus on helping people injured in serious burn accidents.
- L. Clayton Burgess, A Professional Law Corporation – A law firm that represents personal injury victims in Louisiana and Texas.
- Clements & Clements – A Dallas, Texas personal injury law firm helping people injured in motor vehicle accidents, bicycle accidents, construction accidents, truck accidents, and others.
- Dolman Law Group – A Florida personal injury law firm with offices in Clearwater, St. Petersburg, and Bradenton.
- The Fountain Law Firm – An Indianapolis personal injury law firm representing victims of preventable accidents.
- The Levin Firm – A law firm based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania that represents personal injury victims and people injured by police brutality.
Other Georgia Personal Injury Office Locations